Demo import failure
If you’re seeing missing content or receiving errors while using the WP Import Tool, try importing your file once more (if your file size is large, it can timeout). Also be sure to not click off the page while the import tool is running. If the issue is involving only the demo content, you can continue setup without the import as it’s not critical/required for the theme to work.
Images not displaying on posts/pages
Each of our themes relies on the use of Featured Images for each blog post and portfolio/work item. To set a Featured Image, go into the individual post editor and look for the “Featured Image” area in the right sidebar. Insert the image you’d like to use and save.
In addition to the above, if you still aren’t seeing the featured image you may need to go to Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives to be sure that the Display the Featured Image box is checked.
Images not displaying on posts/pages
If your comments are not appearing, try these 3 options to resolve:
- Navigate to Settings > Discussion and check to be sure that your settings are allowing comments.
- If it’s only happening on a specific post, you can check the individual post’s comments settings. Navigate to the post editor for that post and at the top where it says “Screen Options” toggle that open and be sure the discussion and comment boxes are checked. Then scroll down in the editor past the post content to the “Discussion” section and make sure “Allow Comments” is checked.
- Lastly, there may be comments that have been flagged for approval. From your WP Dashboard, navigate to the “Comments” tab and check to see if any are any comments in there waiting to be approved. Once approved, they will appear properly on the post(s).
Google Fonts issues
If you’re having trouble accessing Google Fonts, ensure that a Google Font API key has been added to both Settings > Google Font Selector as well as Settings > ACF Typography settings.
Theme file exceeds upload size
If you’re seeing this error, you’ll need to get in touch with your hosting provider (ie, Siteground, Bluehost, etc) as some hosts will impose a limit for the size of files you can upload. If you reach out to their support team stating this error, they can easily increase this limit for you and you can continue with the install. Or if you’d prefer to attempt this hosting adjustment yourself, here’s an article that may help!
Duplicated menu items/pages
If you are noticing multiple menu items or demo content being repeated, this means you’ve imported the demo data more than once. No worries! Just go to WP Dashboard > Appearance > Menu or Dashboard > Pages and remove the duplicated items.
Pixelated, uneven, or incorrect image sizes
If you’re importing content from a previous site, you’ll likely need to Regenerate your thumbnails to the proper size for the new theme. Simply navigate to Tools > Regenerate Thumbnails and click the “Regenerate Thumbnails” button. After the tool finishes running, the issue should be resolved. If any images continue to look pixelated, check that they are being uploaded at a large enough resolution.
Gravity form issues
Form not showing? Making sure the correct form ID is being used in the shortcodes.
Not receiving form submissions? Double check the email notification settings. You can manually check your entries also by going to Forms > Entries.
For general site glitches, try these steps:
- Clear your browser cache – This is the most common issue if you’re not seeing your changes! Steps on how to clear your browser cache can be found here.
- Reset your permalinks. Go to Settings > Permalinks and click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
- Deactivate ALL plugins and see if the issue is resolved. If so, the issue is plugin specific. Reactivate them one at a time to find the culprit.
- Activate the default theme “Twenty Nineteen” and see if the problem persists – if so, the issue may be related to something other than the theme.
If option 3 did not resolve the issue, but option 4 (switching the theme) DID resolve the problem, it could be related to the theme. Each of our themes are thoroughly tested and finessed with a fine-toothed comb, but there’s always a chance something was missed along the way. If so please email our support team with the bug you’ve found and we will do our best to assist in getting it resolved in a timely manner.
Need further support?
Email our support team here. Please note that per our terms, we are not able to provide support for: theme customizations, user modifications, add-on requests, or integrations with third party plugins.